Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Quotes from a Dinner Party...

I had the pleasure of meeting a friend of a friend at a dinner party on Monday night. He is an architect who worked on well-known buildings in Boston including the Ritz in the theater district. He is a vegetarian. He is Buddhist. And now, he is training to take care of hospice patients. Amazing. But these are not the things that stand out. It's something he said, which I am about to share with you:

"If you do not go to the place within yourself that scares you, there is no way to transform yourself. You cannot stay still in a safe place and expect to learn who you truly are. We change with every stage in life. You must journey to the place within that is unknown and explore what you find there. This is how we grow, this is how we change, and this is how we love ourselves."



Be well, enjoy the day, and do one thing every day that scares you.

2 comments:

  1. I love this quote! It so true and I try to apply this to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this and needed this right now. Big changes are a coming, and I know they'll make me stronger and i'll be happy in the longrun, i just have to push through smaller sadnesses/tears. whatever is right will happen and work out. I am confident in myself and my direction.
    xox

    ReplyDelete