Monday, June 6, 2011

Alli: Live Happy?

When I go to the gym I guiltlessly catch-up on all of my celeb gossip via People, OK! Etc etc.
Flipping thru the pages I saw an ad that read: Eat Healthier. Live Happier with a picture of a beautiful laughing girl. I loved it! "Yes!" I thought, "a beautiful inspiring ad in a popular magazine, we need more of these!" Then I glanced at the ad again. Alli. A weight loss pill that blocks your body's ability to metabolize fat, so when you eat it, um, goes right through.

I don't know about you, but personally Anal secretions don't sound glamorous, beautiful or a happy life.

Oh and even if you do stick to the no-fat diet plan they recommend, Mayo Clinic and the Alli website warn of these "treatment effects":
  • Gas with an oily anal discharge
  • Loose stools or diarrhe
  • More frequent bowel movements
  • Hard-to-control bowel movements

Does that sound like "Living Happy"?????? Sure makes me want to improve my health just through plain ol' eating healthy, and getting some movement. While caring for me, in a loving way, no Depends required.

What upsetting/disturbing/awful ads have you seen lately?

1 comment: