In self-care and improving self-esteem confidence in yourself, and your decisions can mean the difference between feeling great and feeling blah. So how to we step our confidence up a notch?
- Practice Eye Contact. Yes it can be scary, but nothing screams "I'm completely in control and comfortable with who I am" like eye contact. Sometimes you need to practice it before you even feel that way. But change the behavior and your thoughts will follow.
- Repeat a Mantra. In your head. "I am strong, confident and amazing." "I feel confident, strong and beautiful" Create your own!
- Know that failure is necessary for growth. without failing we can not learn, and can not succeed. Learn from your failures and move on.
- Avoid nervous tics. Stop picking at your fingernails, tugging your clothes and twirling your hair obsessively. Walk into a room/situation standing tall, shoulders back and head up. Exude confidence.
- Ask for support. A reassuring friend can always inspire confidence. Don't be afraid to ask when you need a confidence boost. Maybe find a confidence buddy?
Confidence is the sexiest thing you can wear.
Be guiltless about it!