Let's be Guiltless this year. It all comes down to one perfect resolution that we should all have: Be kind to myself.
The key to making resolutions work is to pick ones that are actually good for you.
RESOLUTIONS THAT HURT:
1. Lose -insert#- pounds.
2. Eliminate -insert food-
3. Run 6 miles every single day.
These types of resolutions are only setting you up for disappointment. They are restrictive and hard on you. You are immediately in their debt the minute you commit. There is no escape. Let's resolve to not resolve to these this year.
RESOLUTIONS THAT WORK:
1. Incorporate at least one fun activity into my life like hiking or swimming or kayaking or whatever you've been meaning to try.
2. Get even more comfortable in the kitchen by challenging myself with new, interesting, and colorful recipes or by purchasing that new appliance I've been saving for!
3. Spend more time with my loved ones and be more expressive about how important they are to me.
4. Schedule in "me-time" every week and give myself the attention I deserve.
Will you share one of your 2012 resolutions with us?