Monday, August 15, 2011

Guiltless Recommends: About Face

There are quite a few websites I go to for constant inspiration, to stay up to date on Guiltless fodder, and that I enjoy browsing in my free time. I decided to take this Monday to talk about one of my favorite Media "Watch-Dog" sites: About Face.

Their mission is to face a "toxic media environment" face on, advocating against low self-esteem, depression, persistent anxiety over weight and appearance, extremely unhealthy diets and exercise regimens, and eating disorders, by equipping women and girls with the tools to understand and resist harmful media messages that affect their self-esteem and body image.
They divide ad campaigns into a Gallery of Offenders and a Gallery of Winners-both equally informative and eye-opening. Reading their list of 10 ways to empower yourself, is just that-empowering and uplifting. Browsing through their "Facts" page I find 1238793847 new things i could write passionately about. Check out the entirety of the About Face website for many more juicy fact, figures, pictures, and inspiration!
You can also support About-Face's work. Follow them on Twitter, and Like them on Facebook!

What are some of your favorite websites? What else should I have my eyes on?

No comments:

Post a Comment