Monday, January 31, 2011

Tell Her She's Beautiful


I’m not going to lie, I love Facebook. Yes it may control our souls, a lot of time can be wasted scrolling through pictures and Mark Zuckerberg’s servers definitely know way too much about my life, but good can come from it too. I’ve personally reconnected with friends around the world, shared good laughs, and learned a lot more than “oooo Steve and Susie are in a complicated relationship.” Every once in a while I stumble across a new event or fanpage that I just want to share with everyone (besides Guiltless-are you a fan yet??) Yesterday I got an inviteto an event called “Tell Her She’s Beautiful” and of course I was intrigued.

What is Tell her she’s beautiful?


The point of the event is to tell someone that you believe is beautiful that they are beautiful, and I mean anyone. Mother, father, brother, sister, dog, cat, girlfriend, boyfriend. Remind someone who you truly believe is beautiful that they are beautiful because even just saying it will make that moment of their day that much happier. So go out, and tell someone that they are beautiful, you can change a day or even a life.

And we aren’t just talking about appearance. Beauty emanates from within, for both men and women. If you prefer to call the beautiful males in your life handsome, so be it, but you get the picture.

I love that Josh chose February for this month of beauty because it shares the love the comes around the 14th (good ol’ V-Day) with everyone, and it is also National Eating Disorder Awareness Month. While not all eating disorders come from a place of wanting to be more beautiful, doing so can increase the self-confidence of those around you and help them feel better about themselves, just the way they are, right now. We can all use a reminder, and the self-esteem boost that comes from being told "you're beautiful!"

Remember everyone, you ARE beautiful.

Join on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment