In a stunning new survey done exclusively by Glamour, young women recorded an average of 13 brutal thoughts about their bodies each day (some had as many as 35, 50 or even 100!). 300 women of all sizes from across the country were asked to note every negative or anxious thought they had about their bodies over the course of one full day. The results shocked us—97 percent admitted to having at least one “I hate my body” moment. I have some news for you: obsessing about what you eat or look like doesn’t make you look any better. In fact, it can just make things worse. Much worse.
So this Valentine's day, as you give some love to your mother, brother, sister, lover, share a little bit of love with yourself. It is your right to fall so deeply in love with yourself. Gift yourself the gift of accepting the person you are today, right now in this moment and love him or her, all of you this Valentine’s Day.
Show yourself a little self love this valentines day:
- Write a list of 5 things you love about you today.
- Say "Stop" out. loud. next time you have a negative body thought.
- Give yourself some me time: Take a long bath. Read a book. Go for a walk. Write your future self a message
- Focus on health, strength, joy and energy rather than weight: Eat and engage in physical activity that makes you feel great rather than tired and drained.
- Appreciate your body for what it does, rather than how it looks.