October is a beautiful time of year, and it also happens to be "Love Your Body Month." Sponsored by the National Organization for Women [NOW], Love Your Body is a campaign that celebrates women of all sizes, body types and shapes and promotes tolerance, diversity and acceptance for all bodies.The campaign also works against our society’s unattainable beauty standards which we all know too well.
While we hope to inspire you to love your body all year round, here are 25 ways to celebrate "Love Your Body Month."
1. Your body is a temple. Fuel it. Use it. Let it rest and breath.
2. Carve out some time for regular check ins with yourself. The more you listen to your body, the easier it will be to respect it.
3. Go outside and run until you feel good.
4. Get down with your bad self. What I mean is, go have fun!
5. Instead of obsessing in the mirror, write a list of all the things you love about yourself.
6. Allow yourself to see the beauty in the world. Then take that and turn it inward.
7. Smile as soon as you wake up every day and thank your body for the good night's sleep.
8. Smile when you go to bed at night and thank your body for carrying you throughout the day.
9. Give yourself credit for your accomplishments even if it's just a self-pat on the back.
10. Don't "should" all over yourself.
11. Ban all fat-talk with your friends. Only body-positive statements are allowed!
12. Spoil yourself with a spa treatment. Or even better, turn your own home into a spa for a day.
13. Think about the extraordinary things your body does. All you have to do is pick up a physiology book and you'll be blown away about all the things our bodies do to keep us alive.
14. Put on your favorite playlist and dance like no one's watching even if they are.
15. Say no to things you don't want to do. Sounds easy, but you'll quickly realize how often we say yes to things out of obligation rather than out of the desire to do it.
16. Do things a little slower.
17. Hang a sign on your mirror that says, "You Are Beautiful".....and believe it.
18. You already see the good in other people. Now turn that ability inward.
19. Make a list of the top 10 things you are good at and put it somewhere you'll be able to see it on a daily basis.
20. Don't allow yourself to obsess over the body images in magazine photos and television commercials.
21. Learn to appreciate and accept all body types.
22. "If you think time will change your ways, don't wait too long" - Billie Holiday
23. Be kind and generous to yourself and to others.
24. Surround yourself with people who love you and be rid of any negative energy in your life.
25. Eat when you are hungry. Exercise when you have energy. Rest when you feel tired.