Friday, December 2, 2011

Bodyheart

Today's guest post comes from Amber Krzys-founder of bodyheart, whom is a coach, speaker, dog lover & bodyhearter. Her mission is help create a world where women love and embrace not only their bodies, but SHINE in their lives. We are thrilled to have her words embrace the pages of Guitless!

I was tired . . .

Tired of the endless struggle to have a perfect body.
Tired of constantly thinking about how I could lose weight.
Tired of planning every meal.
Tired of comparing myself to other ‘better’ women.
Tired of always coming up short.

I was tired of being in an abusive relationship with my body.

So, I decided to do something about it. I set out to see if I could actually love, accept and appreciate the body I had?

Could I love this body at the 130 lbs she wanted to be, instead of the 113 lbs I was trying to force her to be? Could I love the dimples (aka cellulite) on my butt and thighs? Could I love the furrowed brow? The large pores? The small breasts?

I didn’t know if those things were possible, but one thing I knew for sure was that I couldn’t continue living the way I was. It was killing me.

The journey I went on took some time, exploration and A LOT of tears. BUT, I’m happy to share that all the angst was worth it. See, I got there . . . I got to a place of love, acceptance & appreciation for MY body. For the amazing body I have been blessed with in this life.

This new way of being completely changed the course of my life and work. I don’t know if you’ve ever felt a calling in your life, but that is definitely how I would describe what happened to me next.

Because I knew the torture and torment that so many woman go through, I couldn’t keep my experience a secret. I had something to share. Something that could change their lives. And I wanted to shout it from the rooftops. I wanted to free women all over the world from their self-punishment cage.

This calling led me to a change in careers. I went from a somewhat successful acting career to being an entrepreneur. Had you told me five years ago that I would be working with women, guiding them to a greater love of their bodies, I would’ve thought you were crazy. But, that’s the thing about a calling. A deep desire to share something you’ve experienced. It doesn’t let you go.

So, I formed my own company called bodyheart. An organization devoted to liberating women from their body-punishment prison. Our mission is to change not only women, but the world.

I believe the world will be a better place when women are free to shine and one area where we continue to oppress ourselves is through our relationship with our bodies. How we feel inside our bodies and what we think about our bodies affects EVERYTHING we do. So, when we can define our own standards of beauty and celebrate all we have, then we are FREE.
This is what bodyheart offers. Our courses are geared towards helping women find CONFIDENCE and FREEDOM within themselves, especially in relationship to their bodies. You can actually experience some of our work for free on our homepage.

Our campaign is a statement of how worthy and gorgeous we already are. I wanted to show the current media that un-retouched images can be stunning! I wanted women to witness REAL Beauty - their own real beauty - and let that affect how they think about their bodies. I also wanted women to start thinking about the parts of their bodies that they love, instead of what they hate.

This campaign has taken on a life of it’s own, and it is available to you should you choose to be a part of it. We accept submissions from women all over the world. You can find out more about it here.

To you, reading this post, I believe you are already on this path of greater acceptance, love & freedom or you wouldn’t be on this page right now. And, I want to say thank you for lighting the way. Thank you for leading by example and cracking open the beauty oppression we’ve bought into for so long.

Change begins with one. And soon that one allows another to take a step onto the new path and then another and another . . . and that is how paradigm shifts are created.
Way to be a part of the change.

Peace & Pleasure,

Amber

1 comment: